Tuesday, December 16, 2008

ANOTHER WINNER: How does a momma living in a house of ALL males find ways to remind herself she\'s a GIRL?

living life one day at a time: How does a momma living in a house of ALL males find ways to remind herself she's a GIRL? -Link here

How does a momma living in a house of ALL males find ways to remind herself she's a GIRL?

Oh yes, it's true. After all the roaring the Tyrannosaurus and Brachiosaurus with Jake, crashing the Hot Wheels race cars with Ian, playing catch in the back yard, and cleaning up muddy footprints after games of tackle football in the rain, it is sometimes hard for me to remember how to be girly.

You see, before I became an aunt to my sweet little nieces, I was surrounded by testosterone- big time. Living with two sons, a husband, a male dog, and a male cat left me feeling very outnumbered. For awhile, I gave up even trying to be girly. I didn't wear much makeup or pretty clothes. I didn't mind wearing scuffed shoes, and heck, I never wore jewelry. I was okay with that...until my first niece was born.

Shopping for a little girl reminded me how much fun it is to be a girl! I started buying nicer clothes, wearing make-up (heck! I even put on some lipstick!), wearing earrings and pretty necklaces, and found that I had a serious thing for handbags!

Even though I changed my ways, I do sometimes slip up.

Well, I think I found a way to remedy that some what. Enter chicBuds. chicBuds are some seriously sweet earcandy! I adore the fact that they are retractable. However, for someone who wishes to be reminded that girls deserve pretty things, tmy favorite thing about the chicBuds are the Swarovski Crystals that grace these beauties! I'd love to have the black buds with watermellon Swarovski Crystals. So feminine!

Check them out! What a terrific gift these would make. :) Now I just need to talk JC into getting me a pair for Christmas!

Posted using ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment